Thursday 19 February 2015

La Boulangerie de la Martinière

I am always plotting a little plan when we're off to explore Lyon... Is it possible to go past La Boulangerie de la Martinière? Tim: "We're on the opposite side of the city Grace...". Sometimes, I wrangle it. My good friend Sophie showed us this magical place on our first day in Lyon. Thanks Soph. Inside, the walls are covered in antique tiles which form a fairytale-esque drawing. Birds fly above snow-covered-castles and leaves fall onto crashing waves as I choose a treat for the day. This place is particularly special and every baked delight is worth crossing the city for!









3 comments:

  1. Hi Grace!
    One of my favourite young authors Agatha Pyzik, is speaking to Nan Goldin in Lyon on Thursday, May 14 from 2:45 to 4:30 PM at L'hôtel de Région in Lyon. Please go for me! Please write about it!http://www.europeanlab.com/debat-la-prochaine-decennie-culturelle/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for your comment - I hadn't seen it till now! I will definitely be looking into this :)

      Delete
    2. Hello! Thank you so much for your comment - I hadn't seen it till now! I will definitely be looking into this :)

      Delete