Monday 9 March 2015

Mon travail en France

One negative thing about living in France is that it's extremely hard to find work! My French isn't good enough to apply for a French speaking job, so naturally I found work teaching English. As well as teaching at a small private children's school, I teach four private adult students. Their reasons for learning English vary drastically! One lovely student is Japanese and she's living in Lyon to perfect her French (for work) and is also brushing up on her English skills with me. Another student moved to Lyon 30 years ago from Columbia. His English is near perfect but he doesn't get much of a chance to speak it so I give him conversation lessons. It's a little strange though because all of these students have become my friends and now I feel completely bad about charging them money!


1 comment:

  1. No worry . You can tell yourself that we pay to spend time with Estimée :)

    ReplyDelete